This Page

has been moved to new address

My Favorite Time of Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: My Favorite Time of Year

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Friday, October 21, 2005

My Favorite Time of Year


Coonie and cat.

Okay, so after the sun went down I filled a small metal bowl with cat food, because I wanted to see my Coonie buddies and the local cat people.

They didn't disappoint.

The fattest local coonie made his initial appearance and, though the side door was opened to take this photo, he kept on eating and stuffing the food down his gullet with little hands. I must admit, it's fascinating to watch raccoons eat with their hands like humans.

I have my own little kitten now; she'll be an indoor kitty for the most part, because I've lost a few treasured cats to the regional predators in these mountains. I'm sure some of them were nothing more than appetizers to local coyotes; perhaps even bears, bobcats and cougars.

Goodbye to Ziggy, Max and perhaps even to Burbank. You were wonderful little animals and, moreso to Ziggy, helped to keep me sane during a succession of trying years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

10 22 05

Ha ha ha:
Mr. Blozep that was quite funny! Since we are in the valley, mostly insects and a possum or two like to come around. Lately my pests were invisible to the naked eye: spider mites. YUCK!!!

Oh, I love the National Review. I just posted it on my sidebar. I did an article about modern conservative thought and how secular arguments could hold more weight in advancing a con agenda. The comments turned into a discussion on beastiality somehow from some conservative Christian, whom I used to respect. Lately, I feel as though he uses his religion to justify prejudice and it bothers me. Richard Feynman said that if you know how to solve a problem, you will employ at least five methods to do so. I handed him a secular argument actually against gay marriage (NY precedent/rational basis test) and he was too dense to see it. If you are so inclined, stop by and make a comment. Otherwise have a good weekend. We will take my in laws out soon to celebrate my husband's birthday. Enjoy:)

Sat Oct 22, 10:46:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home