This Page

has been moved to new address

New To "The Usual Suspect" List

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: New To "The Usual Suspect" List

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New To "The Usual Suspect" List


As is the standard BZ tradition, when adding a blog to my list of Usual Suspects, I like to make an "introduction" of sorts and, such as it is, I wish to introduce someone you've likely already read and hold in high esteem -- as I do.

I would like to welcome aboard A Jacksonian and his blog, "Dumb Looks Still Free."

A Jacksonian writes in the header of his blog:

This will be a site to record my thoughts and musings as they occur. A 'vanity' blog or website. Postings will be sporadic as the nature of this site is not a conversation with others, but a monolog to help me in troubled times.

He also writes in his profile:

Trying to save what thoughts I have in case my time for having them comes to an end. I keep many ways of looking at the world and from many perspectives, but they are each a part of a larger whole and reflect my thoughts and feelings. Diabetic, cataleptic, naracoleptic, hyperlipidemia, cerebral atrophy, allergies and *still* glad to be alive.

A Jacksonian brings, in my opinion, a clearly learned, thoughtful and scholarly slant to the topics he addresses in his blog -- as well as the comments he makes on the sites of others in the Blogosphere.

I have had the honor of his comments on my own blog, hence my referral to you all.

You should know one thing about A Jacksonian: there are no comments activated on his blog. Any correspondence made with him will be via comments he initiates within your own blog, or by his e-mail. He simply prefers it this way and we should respect his wishes.

For erudite analyses and thoughts of the day, please visit Dumb Looks Still Free. A person listing Aliens, Being There (a hugely-overlooked -- and the last film of -- Peter Sellers!) and Monty Python And The Holy Grail in their favorite film list, and then David Drake, Fred Saberhagen, Poul Anderson and Alan Dean Foster in their booklist deserves attention!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 27 06

Cool link BZ:
I have seen that blog a coupla times and thought he had an interesting perspective. Thx for participating in some fiery conversation at the blog btw;)

Mon Feb 27, 10:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

It was absolutely my pleasure, Mahndisa! I may not be right, but I play a Right One on TV!

Mon Feb 27, 10:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger A Jacksonian said...

Thank you, Mr. Z!

I really do my best to keep my thoughts on those things that involve everyone in society. I know that I can retain a degree of civility in doing so and be on firm ground when making my points.

When I speculate, you know it!

Perhaps it is time for me to put up a bit on the main political philosophies in the US, so people can grasp where I am coming from. I didn't actually think about it until I read it some years ago on the old USS Clueless...

Again my thanks, and I hope any readers get something from my writings.

Tue Feb 28, 10:02:00 AM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

You stand out in the Blogosphere sir, and it my pleasure and honor to feature your blog here.

Tue Feb 28, 04:49:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home