This Page

has been moved to new address

The British ARE Insane!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: The British ARE Insane!

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The British ARE Insane!

A "Muslim Fun Day" in a UK theme park?

Surely this must be a joke -- except it isn't.

From Reuters:
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's biggest theme park has called off the country's first "National Muslim Fun Day" because of lack of interest, the park said Wednesday.

Alton Towers in central England was to open on September 17 for Muslims -- with halal food, a strict dress code and prayer areas.

Music, gambling and alcohol were to be banned for the day and theme park rides such as "Ripsaw," "Corkscrew" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" all segregated by sex.

But the park said the event's organizers, Islamic Leisure, who rented the park for the day and were marketing the event, had called it off due to "insufficient ticket sales."

"Alton Towers is disappointed that the planned Family Fun Day Sunday 17th September has had to be canceled," the park said in a statement. A park spokeswoman said Islamic Leisure would refund those who bought tickets.
Excuse me for being redundant and simplistic but: are you friggin' kidding me?!
What in the heck do you think would happen if a theme park held a "Fun Day For Jews," a "Picnic With Pentacostals," or a "Christians Only Fun Day" anywhere on the face of this planet?
And this theme park would have carried out the plan had they found sufficient ticket sales!
Would anyone besides me care to call this "catering" or "pandering" on a veritable foundation of fear? Or would you just clasp my shoulders and say: "BZ old man, you should be more inclusive!"
BZ

13 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

"Fun Day For Jews," a "Picnic With Pentacostals," or a "Christians Only Fun Day" .... yo dude .. you could get sued for something like that. The ACLU would be climbing all over ya. You just ain't Moooooooslim enough yet ... ;-) .... excuse me while I go weld some teeth on them gears on those rides. Have to snag a few loose rags and paint the town red that night... LOL

Wed Aug 02, 07:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gayle said...

Yep... I join you in calling it "catering" and "pandering" too, BZ! Dang!

You know, I have a liberal who goes by BB-Nevada who'se shown up on my last two posts. On my last one he said I'm probably not really as mean as my posts sound. ROTFALMAO! I wish he would visit you, bless your conservative heart!

For that matter, wish he would visit Ab too. :)

Wed Aug 02, 08:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

ABF: do me a favor, dude: hand me my dishdasha and kufi, willya? I want to hit the theme park before it closes!

BZ

P.S.
I get no cretins to my site; I don't know why. I've never had the problems I read about everyone else having -- not that I'm bitching, mind you.

Wed Aug 02, 08:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bushwack said...

BZ,:-0

Wed Aug 02, 09:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I'm not sure what is more shocking.
Is it that muslims have fun, or that the british have fun?

Thu Aug 03, 12:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger A Jacksonian said...

BWH - The British have 'humour' they have to import to get 'fun'.

Mr. Z - I am sure that the Terrific Terrorist Totting Day will be next... Londonistan... says it all...

Thu Aug 03, 05:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

BWH: Now THAT'S a salient comment!

AJ: Gosh yes, I had forgotten that term: Londonistan!

BZ

Thu Aug 03, 07:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger KC said...

I wonder How much this has to do with a certain impending lawsuit? (Sorry I dont know how to hide the link...)

http://randomandpic.blogspot.com/2006/07/hey-its-fuck-off-and-die-thursday-and.html

Sat Aug 05, 07:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger KC said...

Oh yes and we had probs here with the human rights council ( them idiots from the un) they attacked a skating rink for having a couple of hours set aside on sunday for Christian Skate Time.... These Un idiots not only threatened the rink owners but the newspaper who published the ad!

Said it was (everybody Whine)

offffeeennnnsssiiivvvveeeeeeeeeee!

Sat Aug 05, 07:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger KC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Aug 05, 07:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger KC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Aug 05, 07:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger KC said...

Hmmmm it dont like my link...... one more time before i quit!


http://randomandpic.blogspot.com/
2006/07/hey-its-fuck-off-
and-die-thursday-and.html


OK lets hope this works........Sorry

Sat Aug 05, 07:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

KC: welcome aboard and come back! Really enjoyed your blog by the way! Muslim Fun Day -- why gosh, why SHOULDN'T that take precedent over someone who had booked their wedding first? You judgmental witch! How DARE you impugn that Islam should EVER take a back seat to ANYTHING??!!?

BZ

Sun Aug 06, 10:50:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home