This Page

has been moved to new address

Reflections On The Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: Reflections On The Year

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflections On The Year


The last day of the year. And no, I won't be staying up to see the New Year.

A lot happened this past year. And I think I finally figured out: it's all about perspective. Attitude. And a thankfulness that the good Lord has deigned to keep me alive to this point.

My biggest blessing for 2007: I got married on Valentine's Day to a woman who, well -- I call marrying her the smartest thing I've yet done in my life.

My father is still alive; he being a member of The Greatest Generation and a WWII pilot. My brother is still alive. I'm still alive. We've all had cancer.

My wife lost her mother this year, to cancer.

But I still stand upright, I have a job, I bought a new car this year, a new car for my wife -- who hadn't had a new vehicle in 17 years.

I've gotten many more readers to my blog. And for each and every one of my devoted readers, and every one of my Usual Suspects, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

So, what to do for 2007?

Job One: lose weight. Diet. Exercise. Hang around one more year.

We're on the cusp of a brand New Year. Who knows what will happen? But of one thing we can be assured: we won't be able to see the bulk of it coming -- that much I can guarantee you.

God bless each and every one of you (hell yes, my agnostic and atheist readers too!), and may you, your families, your loved ones, be safe and healthy in 2008.

And, oh yeah: go Packers!


BZ

6 Comments:

Blogger Bushwack said...

Happy new year to you as well BZ.
After surviving all that you and yours have, 2008 should be a breeze.

I think I have a couple of goals for the next year, I will not make mention of them yet, I usually wait until they have been attained then brag my ass off......if I fail no one knows but me and I am my harshest critic....

Sun Dec 30, 11:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ranando said...

Happy New Year to you and yours BZ. I hope you got your heat working.

Tonight will be low-key, just a few close friends coming out and staying over.

Nice 7 seven mile hike through the woods tomorrow and let the New Year begin.

Mon Dec 31, 05:06:00 AM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Bush & Ranando: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

BZ

Mon Dec 31, 09:03:00 AM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

Happy New Year BZ, we'll drink a glass of champagne in your honor sine you're not going to see midnight...

Mon Dec 31, 01:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Happy New Year!

Mon Dec 31, 02:51:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Traction Control. Hoping that 2008 is the greatest ever for you and yours.

USCitizen

Mon Dec 31, 05:53:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home