This Page

has been moved to new address

The Adults Leave The Table

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: The Adults Leave The Table

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Adults Leave The Table

And the children step to the table.


I feel compelled to violate my decision not to write of the inaugural, as there are some things I want to immure on my blog for this day. I'm uncertain as to how you apply your blog, but occasionally I use mine as a bit of memory-assist for what occurred at a given time.

In retrospect, my feelings are that the adults are leaving the table and the children are stepping to the table, wanting to sit squarely in Grandpa's chair. Their aspirations are admirable but I believe they have not the background or the capability to fill the chair and the boots left behind. Though he holds himself up as the master of change and wishful thinking, Obama's inauguration speech itself was quite singularly lacking in previously-displayed positivism. His facility for speech is and has been, unfortunately, mistaken for wisdom. And he shall likely be predominantly overwhelmed.

I have never been a one-sided cheering squadron for the GOP in the past eight years; sometimes precisely the opposite. I am of the opinion that the Republicans left a great deal of Conservatism behind and President Bush was behind a number of those charges. I'll not entertain a list but to only write that, "when all the political prairie winds were convergent, when the stars were in alignment and the tides proper, the Bush Administration failed to take advantage of a power situation -- and oh yes, Congress as well, they'll not be excused! -- and take this nation to an entirely higher level."

On the other hand, President Bush was most always transparent, and was most always decisive. He certainly failed to base his decisions on the above-mentioned public political prairie winds. He kept this sovereign nation safe since 9/11. I personally know of "events" that could have occurred but, with "applied purpose," did not under his watch. There were, we have to admit, good things done the past eight years. All was not doom.

I wish I could point to a clear and present track of future success for this country. However, in consideration of the history of the Demorats and that of Mr. Obama's past, I cannot help but think this country is in for its greatest challenge. I'll address those challenges on a case-by-case basis and never lose the right to discuss those points. Or perhaps, that in and of itself will be a massive issue of contention if the verbiage of the Demorats comes to even partial fruition.

Though many will chide me, I'll posit this: we'll soon even wish for the return of President Bush.

And surely the stock market would boom directly due to the Barack Hussein Obama inauguration today? Stocks are lower, down 200 points: "The sell-off accelerated after the nation's 44th president gave his inaugural address, which provided few new details about how to tackle the growing financial crisis that has rippled through every sector of the economy." Is this the "change" on which we can count?

Bush was mocked as he took the inaugural podium.

Former President Carter completely ignored former President Clinton, as the two men did not appear to acknowledge each others presence at all during the inauguration. Click link for video.

The swearing-in oath was rife with stumbles. Not a good portent. Video here.


I'll wager he's not the only one, today.

God bless America. We'll need each and every blessing.

BZ

12 Comments:

Blogger shoprat said...

The stock market tells me more than I want to know.

God bless America? If He doesn't who will?

Tue Jan 20, 12:47:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ranando said...

Glad you broke your silence.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president... is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt

You have every right as an American to criticize President Obama, just like I had every right to criticize President Bush. Those that tell you and me that we don’t have this right are traitors to the United States of America.

I may not agree but this is a great post as always BZ.

Tue Jan 20, 02:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Shop: yes, a clue indeed, eh?

Ranando: some had interpreted criticism of President Bush as disloyalty and I would beg to differ. If there are problems, one must be systematic in addressing them. Of prime import is:

1. Recognizing a problem exists
2. Identifying all problems
3. Creating solutions
4. Implementation

Not unlike what is called the OODA Loop. As John Boyd indicated as applicable to aerial combat, this breaks down to:

Observe
Orient
Decide
Act

We as Conservatives cannot hope to progress unless we are introspective and examinative.

I have always maintained this as a necessary prerogative.

Will be continue to hold these written and spoken rights or shall freedoms be further assailed?

Time will indeed tell.

BZ

Tue Jan 20, 03:39:00 PM PST  
Blogger Z said...

I had no idea Bush had been jeered.
Typical of the kind of people who would vote for Obama. There is a level of class and dignity which will be gone from the White House for four years, and it gives me no pleasure to say that, BELIEVE me. I'm still American and I still want to root for my president.

That he's a man who could flip off two people in public and go to dinner on the same night and precisely at the same time that his president and predecessor's giving his final speech to the country, and so MANY other things, sours me but I'll be trying to be civil.

The stock market thing scares me.

I'm thinking a lot of FDR today for some reason..........i blame him

Tue Jan 20, 04:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Z said...

by the way, great post, BZ..well linked...really well thought out.

And the 'convulsions' line about TK was on the rough side but.......

.........perfect!!

Tue Jan 20, 04:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

some had interpreted criticism of President Bush as disloyalty and I would beg to differ.
*****************
I know a couple of old bats that saw it as treason, but made the line to BLOW the son of a bitch a bit shorter... Y'all can figure out which 2 old bitches I am talking about... :)

Tue Jan 20, 05:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger A Jacksonian said...

The outgoing President I look at and laud him for what he has done well, point out what he has not done well, and go further to look at how confronting one threats, while making us safer from them, has not addressed others that are quickly coming to haunt us.

I do not doubt he is a good man.

That is not enough in holding the job of President, and we will no find that out multifold. The new President talks much, but talk is cheap. And he will not talk of the truly difficult things he faces, that we all face... and that bodes ill for our future. I will only be pleasantly surprised by Barack Obama - that, I expect will be extremely rare as it has been the past year and a half. I was tired of him last year at this time... and it is only my abysmally low expectations of him that will allow me to be pleasantly surprised... and that indicates just how low my expectations are.

Tue Jan 20, 06:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I had no idea Bush had been jeered.

I think our society as a whole has become more crass and has lost a sense of propriety and decorum.

Obama's takeover of the White House website made me ill. They're still in campaign mode, basically blaming any hardships they may face in the next 4 years on the previous 8, and blaming Bush rather than just leaving him out of this and focusing on the future with optimism. So much for unity and the politics of change.

Wed Jan 21, 12:50:00 AM PST  
Blogger TAO said...

I actually admire Jimmy Carter for NOT shaking Bill Clinton's hand....

Wed Jan 21, 09:16:00 AM PST  
Blogger El Jefe Maximo said...

Adults leaving the table. That's about right. I totally agree about missing Bush, which, unfortunately, isn't saying much on a lot of issues.

Is the root of the problem the ineptitude of the leaders we choose; or are there simply too many contradictory interests at play in the system for the politicians and the political machine to reconcile?

You're right about Bush's failure to take advantage of the brief alignment in its favor, post 9/11 of all the political variables -- he could have gotten the war powers he needed from Congress, and a wider and deeper moblization to win both in Afghanistan and in Iraq: he did not, and he and the country paid for it every day thereafter. Those are the kind of mistakes that cannot be corrected.

Wed Jan 21, 11:54:00 AM PST  
Blogger Average American said...

I have to agree with AJ. My expectations could not be lower than they are. I was pleasantly surprised today when the messiah froze salaries at the White House and curtailed lobbyists. Not a terrible start.

Wed Jan 21, 12:24:00 PM PST  
Blogger a red voice said...

Great post. Thanks for all of the links.

I also just found out this morning that President Bush has been jeered/booed. Those that would jeer a Departing President have no class and it shows you the kind of people who voted for Obama.

So liberals keep asking for the nation to come together in a 'unity of purpose.' They state if only conservatives would stop all this 'conflict and discord' (as Obama suggested in his inaugural address). But Conservatives were NOT the ones who booed and jeered a departing president. What a great example of 'unity and coming together' the liberals are. (not)

Thu Jan 22, 10:25:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home