This Page

has been moved to new address

100th Birthday of Ronald Wilson Reagan: February 6th, 1911

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: 100th Birthday of Ronald Wilson Reagan: February 6th, 1911

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

100th Birthday of Ronald Wilson Reagan: February 6th, 1911


Ronald Wilson Reagan, born on February 6th of 1911, the 40th president of the United States, held two presidential terms (1981 to 1989) and passed away on June 5th of 2004 at age 93.

I can only write this about Mr Reagan:

As opposed to some, I encountered my strongest days -- and lived through -- Mr Reagan's terms. I was young, virile, in my 30s and 40s whilst he presided. I can tell you this: I never felt more proud of my country than when Mr Reagan held sway. Never. I was sufficiently privileged to have cast my vote for Mr Reagan. I considered it my honor to have served in a law enforcement capacity during his years, protecting my local community. Again and again.

His words will never diminish. And that I can determine, there is no "Reagan" awaiting in the corridors these days, no matter how much we may wish it.

I could go on with quotes and quotes. Many others will.

I should simply care to pay tribute:










BZ

13 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Great post, BZ. Simple yet powerful, especially adding the photos. The Reagans surely had the sort of love we're all looking for and only a few are blessed enough to find.

cjh

Sat Feb 05, 01:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger Maggie Thornton said...

The Reagan marriage was and is an inspiration. For all that Liberals tried to mock Nancy Reagan, she was a loving wife, he a loving husband. The photos show the great loss. Who would not want to be loved like that?

I am so grateful for the thinking, the actions, the words of Ronald Reagan.

Sat Feb 05, 01:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bubbles said...

I believe what made Ronald Reagan such an honorable President, is that he truly was a man of God!

Sat Feb 05, 02:51:00 PM PST  
Blogger mrchuck said...

What a President to be proud of.
I was proud to be a LEO under him.
He is the watermark for all presidents to try and achieve.
We desperately NEED our next POTUS to be someone with exactly the same ideals.
Nothing less is acceptable to me.

Sat Feb 05, 03:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Old NFO said...

He was truly a leader who brought America forward... I too was proud to serve!

Sat Feb 05, 03:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

There will never be another Ronald Reagan... NEVER...

Sat Feb 05, 04:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark said...

Happy 100th Mr.President.

feel somehow obliged to apologize to his memory for the sorry clowns we've put in his office since.

Sat Feb 05, 04:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger Spokes said...

A truly honorable tribute to a GREAT man and American leader. I recently paid a visit to the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley and was astounded by the wonderful memorabilia and many tributes not only to the man but, to his accomplishments. I highly recommend the trip there for everyone.....it is well worth the trip! God Bless Ronald Wilson Reagan and his legacy of peace through strength.

Sat Feb 05, 06:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

BZ said: I never felt more proud of my country than when Mr Reagan held sway. Never.

I say: AMEN!

I wish that I had appreciated him more. As I look back on the Reagan years with longing, I realize that America will indeed never see another Ronald Reagan at our helm.

Sun Feb 06, 03:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Greybeard said...

I hope you are wrong, AOW.
I think we are about to face a trial by fire. How we deal with the conflagration will determine whether this fire cleanses and tempers us, or consumes us.

We have, as a Nation, been blessed. But we've lost our rudder.
I am beginning to see the indication that more and more of our less politically-inclined sisters and brothers have had the lightbulb turned on. The only question is-
"Is it too late? Can we undo the damage years of irrational leadership have caused?"

I'm frightened at the thought, but we have to try.
I'm sure we can agree, our country is still the only place we want to be. So,
LET'S ROLL!

Sun Feb 06, 06:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

To db, DeaconBleu, and the other Leftists who no longer get to comment because I've reinstituted moderation:

If you wish to craft a blog, put yourself out in the Blogosphere, open a comment section and allow myself and my readers to comment on your posts -- which takes a certain amount of creativity, logic, interest, responsibility, courage, perseverance and thought -- plus put your e-mail address out there as well. . .

Then perhaps I can possess a modicum of respect for you. Since you won't, I don't, so don't expect any more comments to be published here. You've proven yourselves to be nothing but foul-mouthed imbeciles who choose personal attacks and I'm done with you.

BZ

Mon Feb 07, 03:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Greybeard said...

Re: db and his ilk-
Too bad you had to resort to this BZ, although I fully agree with your decision.
I kept hoping, KEPT HOPING, to hear a cogent argument from either of them and it never happened.
All they wanted to do was make adolescent comments and regurgitate talking points.
Too bad. A real dialogue might have been constructive.

Nah... who am I kidding?!

Mon Feb 07, 06:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Greybeard:

I cannot tell you how this weighs upon me, though Texas Fred would call me a wimp.

I wanted to read of some retributal comments consisting of actual arguments as opposed to personal attacks.

I opened the fields to a possible dialogue. But that was simply not to be.

Slap me silly, but I so much regret that.

BZ

Mon Feb 07, 06:59:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home