This Page

has been moved to new address

Up At MP154, My Train Blog:

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: Up At MP154, My Train Blog:

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Up At MP154, My Train Blog:


An actual triple-train meet.

How can this possibly occur when there are only two tracks?

Click on MP154, A Train Blog, and find out.

BZ

5 Comments:

Blogger BB-Idaho said...

You have some very nice photos there. I suspect that only we
model train nerds who use the UP
prototype are well aware (as you pointed out) of the practice of
renaming ES44ACs as C45ACcte's!
The makers of n scale diesel locos
market them as ES44Ac, but with a
magnifying glass, we purists find
C45ACcte printed on the UP cabs.
I don't model that area, but have
heard that UP enlarged the Donner
tunnels and moved more of their
intermodal from the northern old
WP route?

Tue Nov 01, 12:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Trekkie4Ever said...

God love you, BZ, but I know absolutely nothing about trains, other than the fact, they are comfortable to ride in and I hate waiting for them at the railroad tracks.

Does Thomas the Train count?

Tue Nov 01, 03:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

BB: I know that for a few folks this will be a bit too much "inside baseball," but I have to answer.

I refer to those GE locomotives as C45ACCTE units because it's what I see on their cabs all over Donner Pass, where I live. Clearly, they are ES44AC units as per GE. UP indicates the "CTE" means "controlled tractive effort."

In terms of UP enlarging its tunnels, it's true. I wrote about UP moving intermodal from the old WP Feather River route

1. Here.
2. And here.
3. And here.
4. And here as well.

I think you'll find all your answers with the links I provided, BB.

BZ

Tue Nov 01, 04:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Old NFO said...

Very nice blog post BZ, and truly an unusual occurrance!

Tue Nov 01, 05:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Leticia: I suppose.

Trains are the most INVISIBLE portion of America's indispensable transportation system.

And in the past year?

Rail traffic has actually INCREASED because people realize it's more EFFICIENT.

NFO: thanking you kindly, sir.

BZ

Tue Nov 01, 06:02:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home