This Page

has been moved to new address

Green Bay: On To The NFC Championship!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Bloviating Zeppelin: Green Bay: On To The NFC Championship!

Bloviating Zeppelin

(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Green Bay: On To The NFC Championship!


My Green Bay Packers kicked the ass of Mike Holmgren's Seattle Seahawks today, 42 to 20, at a Lambeau Field buried in snow.

A classic and prototypical Green Bay game.

You know Holmgren: he of the former GB coach-but-got-it-into-his-head-that-because-he-couldn't-be-GM-he'd-leave-Green Bay? That guy? The traitor Holmgren? That guy?

Let me repeat: a game played at Lambeau Field. A field named after the founder and first head coach of the Green Bay Packers. Not "Depends" field, or "Swanson's Chicken Pot Pie" field or "Trojan Condoms" field or "Gerber Baby Food" field. You get my drift? You suck-up, acquiescent field, bend-us-over-for-cash-field LOSERS?

A real field named after historical figures where real men play real football in the snow during winter.

A field that Brett Favre still enjoys, like some college player, true competition, the seeming innocence of the game. Where you can still find a grin on his face despite his now being the oldest active quarterback in the NFL at age 38, a three-time NFL MVP.

I can only hope for a replay of Super Bowl XXXI, in 1997, where Green Bay beat the New England Patriots 35 to 21, the Packers' third Super Bowl victory.

How wonderful would it be for Favre to have, essentially, a replay of SB XXXI wherein, once again, he beats the Patriots (above, he kisses his wife Deanna)?

And then retires on that awesome win?

I can only hope.

It couldn't go to a more deserving, honest, humble athlete.

What a way to wrap up an incredible career.


BZ

14 Comments:

Blogger TexasFred said...

He still hasn't won at TEXAS Stadium...

And unless he does, he'll be watching the game on TV with rest of us... :)

Sat Jan 12, 11:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

So waddaya think, Cowboys or Giants? Nice stadium.

:^&

BZ

Sun Jan 13, 03:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Bushwack said...

Congrats BZ, EVERY year since I started wagering on Pro Sports, I take a straight underdog ticket, looking for the motherload, and EVERY YEAR I come up empty.....LMAO

I picked Seattle to win that game, not based on anything other than the all mighty dollar. GB beat the spread in terrible weather good for Brett and crew.

I also picked Jax, and SD... I picked Dallas based Jessica's boyfriend not going to get into a "Jessica caused this?" discussion again.

I'd be real worried if I were a Dallas fan based on yesterday's picks... sigh.

Sun Jan 13, 08:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Today, it's gonna be Indianapolis and Dallas wins.

BZ

Sun Jan 13, 11:23:00 AM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

Well, at this moment, YOU are in the hole... LMAO...

Sun Jan 13, 01:39:00 PM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

0 and 2...

And Bushwack better hope he got the points right..

Sorry guys, I took 'Dago and the Giants...

I had hoped Dallas would do it, I really wanted to see GB in Texas Stadium one more time, but alas, it was not meant to be...

Sun Jan 13, 04:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bushwack said...

I had a MISERABLE Weekend betting wise, but I did enjoy the Dallas loss even though I picked Dallas....

But I also picked Seattle, Jax and Diego.....not good

Sun Jan 13, 05:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Well, as my flight instructor once said: "You really screwed the pooch on that one."

0 for 2 -- that's just depressing. But at least, for me, that means the Giants can be beaten this coming Sunday by Green Bay. The Patriots they are NOT.

Actually, pretty evenly-matched, well-fought games.

So, Bush & Fred, waddaya think?

Packers or Giants?

Patriots or Chargers?

You know MY hopes. . .

BZ

Sun Jan 13, 06:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bushwack said...

Well BZ, My heart bet would be Favre and his crew, but I think the NYG have the edge.
The Defensive line of NY has a lot of experience and Talent, they made Dallas look slow and weak most of the second half. Favre is a better scrambler than Romo, but I think they pressure him all day and Brett has been known to force passes and that is an advantage for NYG.

Offensively, NYG has a much better run game than they had earlier in the season, they are 9-0 on the road and they are actually playing sharp.
The weather will play a huge factor, you should hope for cold and snow like Saturday, IF the weather is bad, GB wins, if it is green on the field NYG by 7..IMO.

The SD game comes down to to things. Rivers and LT, if they play they can win, if they sit they lose BIG like 40-7 in a route.

If Rivers and LT play, I can see a closer game but I really don't think SD beats them.. I might place a buck or two on the upset though.

As of right now, NE and NYG in the Superbowl.

Sun Jan 13, 06:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Damn. I was afraid you were gonna say that.

BZ

Sun Jan 13, 06:27:00 PM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

The Pack take the Giants, N.E. beats the holy hell outta S.D. and then toasts G.B. in the bowl...

Favre announces his retirement, Tom Brady is rumored to have AIDS and his pecker falls off and 10 years later he is in the Hall of Fame...

Write it down, it's gonna happen.. :)

Sun Jan 13, 08:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Bloviating Zeppelin said...

TF: despite some anomalies, I'll take your bet of Green Bay over the Patriots. As I wrote before: what a wonderful way to retire a QB such as Brett Favre -- the last of the NFL Gentlemen Sportsmen.

B Z

Sun Jan 13, 09:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I hate football.

Go GB!

Mon Jan 14, 06:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger TexasFred said...

BZ, you DO realize, I said NE is gonna kick GBs ass, right??

Mon Jan 14, 05:31:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home